Tuesday, February 8, 2011
When it rains, it pours.
Am I the only one that thinks good things and bad things come in waves most of the time? Man alive, that has been the case for me over the past two weeks! I won't get into every detail but it all started Tuesday, January 25th. I was leaving a basketball game and driving home. It was about 9:15 pm and I was ready to be at home and in my pajamas. Well....that happened....but after a lot of unexpected events. I ended up getting in a wreck about a mile from my house (depressing, isn't it?). For those of you who know me, you know that I basically shut down in a lot of stressful situations. It's not my best quality. I'm working on it if that makes any of you feel better! So, what did I do? I called my dad. I love my dad. I love my mom. I don't know what I would do without them. My mom and dad have always been my biggest supporters and my biggest protectors. I know I seem like such a wuss....but you shouldn't assume....just know. I am. Especially when having to deal with people that have to contact and work with other fellow wreckees, that I'm sure aren't in very cheery moods, for a living. Woah, that was some sentence. Like I have said in a previous post, my writing has always resembled the writing of someone that is has just learned how to write sentences and ends up putting five of them together thinking that it works and makes them seem "oh so smart." Okay, back to my story. In short, the wreck wasn't my fault but my car was totaled. I really really liked my car. I expected to drive that car until it wouldn't go anymore. Plans have changed now. My mom and I went to clean it out one afternoon. We drove to what looked like a junk yard and on the very first row was my once beautiful, horribly banged up car. As we were about to leave, I got a little emotional. Yes, it is just a car, but that car hasn't given me ANY trouble in the 4 years I have had it. I was looking sad, and my mom said "Carrie, I am just glad you are here with me to clean it out. I know your car is gone, but I can't imagine having to come clean it out by myself because I lost you in that wreck." Praise the Lord for a mom who knows how to put things in perspective! Yes, it was sad.... but man, the Lord really must not be ready for me. I have survived a terrorist bombing in Uganda and then 6 months later, a wreck that totaled my car. All I can say is Jeremiah 29:11. Amen. Since the wreck, I have been trying to deal with my insurance. It has been stressful. Very stressful. And I feel like every circumstance that could go wrong when trying to work through this situation, has. It is pouring.....but to God be the praise. In the rain, or storm, I often forget that He has given me victory, but He always reminds me. How different would I have originally viewed this circumstance if I had not forgotten that very important fact in the beginning? Thankfully, everything is put in its proper place when aligned with God's Word. I'm not sure if I have even made much sense in this post. Don't you love it when you can't get the words to come out right? (Especially when you write on my level. You all should be feeling sorry for me right now.) Everything I have is actually not mine. It was given to me by God so that I could use it to glorify Him. I take care of it. He owns it. I am so blessed. But when I start thinking that these blessings are mine, I get off track. I give satan a foothold to creep on in. My focus throughout the rest of this process is this: Recognizing that it all is His. Being faithful in my actions to this truth will truly show my trust in Him. If I can trust my car to get me to work in the morning, and if I can trust my computer and technology to work in my classroom so I can teach, then surely I can trust the One who made me, who knows the number of hairs on my head and the number of stars in the sky. When you think about things like this, it all lines up. I'm forever thankful and super excited about what He has in store!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So sorry about your car, but SOOO grateful for your safety! Love you friend! I also love the perspective you have!
ReplyDeleteEddie!!!! I completely agree and I'm claiming that in Jesus' name! Hey, what is your blog address? I need to add it to my list :)
ReplyDeleteMands, I love you as well and I CANNOT wait until we are reunited in a month!!!!!!!!!!!