Sunday, January 16, 2011

One of those days...

It's just been one of those days. A day when my anxiousness has far surpassed my peacefulness. Does anyone else have those days? Days when the anxiety about a specific thing almost consumes your every thought? Well, today was one for me. I've learned that one of my biggest enemies is my mind. If I could just get it under control 100% of the time, life would be swell! I think the best way to fix your thoughts on what is "unseen" and not what is "seen," is to speak God's Word. One verse that I prayed, and often pray, grabbed hold of me in a way that it has never done before.

Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

My friend Jen made me a cd for the 21 days of prayer and I have been wearing it out ever since I got it! As always, I find a few that I like more than the others and I play them over and over. Really, I'm an overplayer (pretty sure I just made that word up). As I was playing #11, I started praying out loud and I prayed this verse. Once I hit the "thanksgiving" part the second time I spoke it, I began to thank Him and worship Him like I haven't done in a long time. And let me tell you something....that peace that Paul talks about, the one that transcends all understanding, overcame me like a tidal wave. It totally took every bit of worry and anxiety I had away. It was amazing! I don't know about ya'll, but when I get anxious my whole thought process is skewed. I analyze, worry, and really do myself no good until I am able to really put it in perspective. Usually, the whole peace thing takes a bit longer than it did tonight. It was instant as soon as I began to worship. So, I guess I write this to say one thing. If anyone finds yourself worried or anxious, offer up thanks and then WORSHIP! I am now going to call worship "the killer" (of anxiety, of course!). Okay, maybe I won't, but you get the point. Don't look at the situation you are anxious over. Look up. Sometimes it doesn't make sense and it's hard to understand why God's timetable isn't ours, but in the end, His plan is far greater than the one we have for ourselves. Let Him plan it. If everything is His, it was never ours to hold (that's one of the songs I was jamming out to tonight). I really hope peace floods your bodies and minds tonight. God bless.

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to know the songs you love on that cd! I'm in need of new worship music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donora, here is the list of songs on my cd:1. For the glory of your name by Josh Fox (featuring Lindsay McCall)
    2. King of Wonders by Matt Redman
    3. At Your Feet by Melissa Greene
    4. Forever Reign by Shane & Shane
    5. Esther by Esterlyn
    6. One who overcomes by Phil Wickham
    7. Empty and beautiful by Matt Maher
    8. Our God is greater by Shane & Shane
    9. Lord of All by Kristian Standfill
    10. Quiet my heart by Brooke Barrettsmith
    11. Divine Romance by Phil Wickham
    12. Restless by Audrey Assad
    13. Show me by Audrey Assad
    14. Everything is yours by Audrey Assad
    15. Awakening by Chris Tomlin
    My favorites are #4, #11, and #14 :) You will love them!!!

    ReplyDelete