As I sit down to write this, I am overwhelmingly aware of all that the Lord has blessed me with. So here is what I am thankful for (obviously, there are many more things but these are the ones I've come up with as I type).
I am so thankful for:
* First and foremost, "I know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that I was redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to me from my ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for my sake. Through him I believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so my faith and hope are in God."
- 1 Peter 1:18-21
* my mother and grandmother that fervently pray for me every single day. Recently, my mom told me that she prayed Psalm 91 over me every single night while I was in Uganda. What a testimony of the Lord's commitment to keep His promise in this Psalm!
* my family altogether. I love every single member.....dad, mom, brother, sister, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. I love spending time with them and I am really looking forward to the next few days where that will be done.
* the experience I was able to have this summer in Uganda. The good and the "bad."
* my wonderful friends. They have encouraged me through the valley and carried my burdens as their own during the times of unwanted change. They continue to amaze me with their faithfulness and ongoing love that they offer every single day. Thanks guys!
* my church
* my job
* the battle that is fought every single day to either seek the Lord or attempt life on my own. This battle actually encourages me because I know the enemy is losing. He knows that I belong to Christ. and that will never change. Isn't it great to know that we can fight and always win?!
* the ability to persevere and run the race that Christ has set before me.
*each and every day that is given to me. I really want to learn to treasure every moment and offer it up as an offering to the Lord no matter what the circumstances may be. He is teaching. And I am slowly learning.
* the mercy He shows and the Grace He gives. What would I do without it?
I'm sure I will continue updating this as I remember more and more. Until then, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. Remember who really deserves all our praise and thanks - the One who saved us from our sins and gave us everlasting life!
I just love reading everything you write. I am thankful for all those things too. I love you!! ~Mandy
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete