Saturday, March 6, 2010

I'm leaving on a jet plane...

I have been praying about this decision and opportunity for the past three months and finally received an answer from the Lord this week. So........ I booked my flight to Uganda yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I leave May 20th and I am so in awe of how the Lord has the details planned out long before I even have a clue. God is SO incredibly good and He does provide EVERYTHING we need to fulfill His purpose for our lives. It has become so evident in my brother's life. He leaves on Wednesday! Hard to believe that a few months ago this was something that felt so far away. Although the journey is really just beginning now, it has been in the plans long before Bird was even born. That's what I love...that God knows everything and knew everything before we were even thought of. Our God loves us that much!!! Ahhh, that makes me so happy :) Just wanted to quickly share how proud I am to be the sister of such a wonderful Jesus-filled brother and to let you all know that it won't be too long before I get to see him again!!!!! Praise the Lord :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow Carrie!! How long will you be able to spend there??? I'm in awe of those boys going and have asked Adria to put the amazing ways that God is speaking to Alan right now on a blog because I cannot possibly retell them all, but they are all just incredible to see God speaking and preparing him through ever person in his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I will be over there May 20th-July 20th. Not near as long as the boys, but I am so looking forward to it :) Both Jay and Allen are going to keep a blog while they are over there, so that should be awesome....I posted their links on the right side of my home page. I agree, the Lord is doing amazing things!!!! And to Him be all the glory :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited that you get to spend time working in Africa for God's glory! What an amazing opportunity!!

    ReplyDelete