Friday, October 15, 2010

Oh, to keep a quiet heart!

It has been homecoming week here and has been jam-packed with activities, events, and extracurricular outings. To be honest, I have learned a lot this week, but can you imagine trying to keep a quiet heart admist all the chaos?? I really feel like this is what the Lord has been challenging me with over the past few months and it hasn't been THAT hard....until this week. I have had to constantly remind myself that my joy is found in the Lord, not in the present circumstances. My times are in His hands. My future is in His hands. What better hands to be in? Nevermind what may happen because He knows what will happen. That's what I love about being a follower. And yes, I am a follower. A follower of the Lord Jesus Christ. Without Him, I would be completely lost and unable to conquer the "little foxes" that come. He overcomes it all. He sustains. He doesn't give up. He never leaves. He is good. AMEN!

*If you are looking for a good book to read, go get "Keep a Quiet Heart" by Elisabeth Elliot. Anyone that doesn't know, she is absolutely my favorite! :)

1 comment: